Supporting children’s wellbeing during Covid-19
Resources for teachers, parents and carers
As parents and carers, there are ways you can support children to give them the best chance to stay mentally healthy.
During the pandemic, some children may have enjoyed being off school, while others may have struggled with being isolated from their family and friends. Others may be coming to terms with family issues, loss or changes to their living situation.
It's still unclear what future changes we may all face. Even though the lockdown has eased, we are still facing changes to our normal lives.
The activities below based on the Skills for Life programmes are designed to help children find healthy ways to deal with their feelings and reactions to all that has happened and move forwards into the future.
- Take around 10 minutes to complete and can be downloaded or done with pen and paper
- Designed for children aged five to nine but can be adapted for younger or older children and children with Special Educational Needs.
- Include instructions for adults to complete the activities with children
Download your FREE Covid-19 children's wellbeing activities for teaching staff and families here:
Communication and relationships
Coping with change, loss and bereavement
- Read more about how to talk to children about death.
Our short video on ‘Talking to children about death’ is based on expert advice and gives tips on how to respond to children’s questions.
Ways to cope and be mindful
Life after lockdown
Some of our partners have translated the Covid-19 activities into their language. You can download them here:
- Covid-19 activities in Bulgarian
- Covid-19 activities in Danish
- Covid-19 activities in Polish
- Covid-19 activities in Portugese
- Covid_19 activities in French
- Covid_19 activities in Spanish
- Covid_19 activities in Chinese
Please feel free to share photos and posts about children completing the activities and tag us! #PfChildren
These resources or any portion may not be reproduced, relabelled, or used in any commercial manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author. Permission is not required for personal or professional use, such as in a coaching or classroom setting.
The free resources provided on this website are available to be downloaded and shared but may not be uploaded to other websites. If you wish to share on your website please post a link only.