Online training for Skills for Life programmes
Mental health is now a key element of statutory PSHE, but more importantly, the Skills for Life programmes have been evaluated and shown to lead to an increase in many of the skills that children will need to employ to recover from the effects of the pandemic.
More information about the Skills for Life programmes:
- Zippy’s Friends for ages 5 to 7
- Apple’s Friends for ages 7 to 9
- Passport for ages 9 to 11
- SPARK Resilience for ages 10 to 12
- Zippy's Friends for Pupils with Special Educational Needs
Online Training course
Interactive training sessions, which include:
- The philosophy and theory behind each programme
- The programme concepts and their implications for children’s wellbeing
- The structure and content of each programme and the materials used to deliver it
- Information on how to use the Skills for Life programmes as part of a whole school approach to mental wellbeing
After completing the online training, teaching and learning materials for the programmes will be accessed electronically – ready to use in the classroom. You will be certified with a Skills for Life certificate upon completion of the live online training (2.5 hours).
- For Zippy’s Friends for SEND training, email Liz at email@example.com
We will be running more training courses in September with access to our brand new online teaching platform. Please check back nearer the time or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Each staff member wishing to deliver the programme(s) needs to attend training.
Schools need to purchase resources in order to run the programme(s) (If your school does not already resources, when you sign up for the training you can provide details for us to invoice the school OR you can choose to pay for the resources via PayPal.)
To discuss a customised training package for your whole school please get in touch with email@example.com.
Join the waiting list for future training dates
If the course dates above are not suitable please email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you would like to join the waiting list for a future course.
Straight forward process, cost effective, great resources, well explained. The training felt relaxed throughout.
Online training delegate